Bonneville Impressions

To: "Land-speed Racers" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bonneville Impressions
From: "Marge and/or Dave Thomssen" <mdthom@radiks.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 19:58:15 -0500
Well Gang
Bonneville happened and wasn't it grand! The last great amateur race in the
world.
ARDUN Doug was impressive, taking the oldest record in the book and upping
it 9 MPH.  Great Job Doug!  I still think that takes over 600 HP (Doug is
being modest about that).  I was impressed by the number of vintage engines
in the impound from flathead 6's , OHV 6's, straight 8's, ARDUNs and
flatheads. I think there were 5 ARDUNs at the meet which was great after
being the only ARDUN showing up the last few years.
The salt was great and I would like to know if it was due to the weather or
the salt laydown.  Let's not let them stop pumping until they put all our
salt back!  I'm afraid the early success will give them incentive to stop
pumping.
The meet went smoothly with apparently a record number of cars. I liked to
see the younger folks out there racing instead of just us oldtimers.
I'm looking forward to a bigger and better Salt Talks at the bend in the
road next year. I was too busy racing to get to talk to many of you.
Dave the Hayseed
#322 XXFSTR