Speed Week

To: Land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Speed Week
From: Drylakercr@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 10:37:12 EDT
Hi all!

Even though I've been home form the Salt for over a week this is the first
chance I've had to give my little run through. I've been slaving away
(without pay) getting my classroom together for the upcoming school
year--which includes hanging my new Bonneville poster and my collection of
license plates.

Anyway, I'd like to start by thanking all those who pulled together a great
week of racing. To all of the volunteers and SCTA/BNI board members thank
you!!! Additionally, thanks to the 737 crew for all you did for us.

Ok, well I've got another record to brag about. My dad is a wonder six
cylinder mechanic. We broke the record for the XXO/VGC at 145.9 after
establishing it on Sunday at 145.6 and bumping it up Tuesday. My best run was
at 147. We had a super time and now I hold the record at all three venues on
the West coast--My 4th and 5th graders love to brag about that around campus.

I visited with many of you which I enjoyed and yet next year I'll have to
make an even greater effort to meet all of you.

Take care and I'll see some of you at El Mirage in a couple weeks--

Katie Young Cortez #256
Livermore, CA