Re: Ford C-4 Tranny Gear Deliberations

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ford C-4 Tranny Gear Deliberations
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:38:50 EDT
In a message dated 08/28/2000 8:09:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
saltracer@awwwsome.com writes:

<< We now have a transmission dyno at Shasta College, I will check with the
 instructor and see if he has any light to shed on this question.

Tom,
    That's the answer I've been looking for, the actual horsepower absorbed
by the different automatic trannys at various RPM's.
    On our passes at Speed Week the total loss was 2 1/2% according to the
tach and the timing slip. That would result in 160+rpm. With the car and the
tach bouncing it's hard to get an accurate reading.........Ardun Doug