Explain the rules to me one more time.

To: "'land-speed@autox.team.net'" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Explain the rules to me one more time.
From: "Smith, Simon-Pierre" <Simon-Pierre.Smith@PSS.Boeing.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:38:51 -0700
So here's the situation.  I'm in a 121.7 MPH motorcycle streamliner.
P. 93 section D2 says "All streamliners must have a rider controlled fire
extinguisher system directed to the engine/fuel compartment....   ... refer to
sect. 111-17"

Section 111-17 says "All cars and enclosed motorcycles must have a minimum of
one driver controlled fire extinguishing system using a minimum of 5 lbs. of
extinguishing agent designed and applied to function as driver protection."

So the question is:
1)  Is the rulebook right and I need 10 lbs of extinguisher - 5 for me, 5 for
the engine?
2)  Is the rulebook wrong?  Where does the nozzle point?
3)  If the rulebook is right can I use a 10 lb can and 2 nozzles?

I get the feeling I should be asking someone more official.  Should it be A.
Fogliadini (chief inspector), D.Martin (Motorcycle Tech), D Warner (rules),
or...?

Thanks,

Simon Smith