Re: exhaust

To: Bill Bennett <benettw@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: exhaust
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 07:35:41 -0700
Bill,
My experience with dyno tuning is that peak power is found somewhere
around 12 to 12.5-1 A/F ratio. The 14.7-1 you mention has to do with
smog related issues. That is where engines are controlled to give the
best emission readings of the three gasses of concern, HC, CO & NOx. And
that really only happens with closed loop, cruise or steady throttle
conditions.
Tom, Redding CA (my engine goes on the dyno today) - #216 D/GCC