Salt weather

To: Land-speed list <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Salt weather
From: Wester Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 07:29:41 -0700
List,

The latest on the local weather scene indicates temperatures up to 15
degrees above normal for the next week with highs in the low nineties on
Sunday.  The moisture from the tropical storm moving up the west coast will
stay along the coast and then move across the Portland, Oregon area and into
Montana (where they can use it) and away from us.

This heat will bring additional brine to the surface of the salt flats as it
percolates up from the clay beneath the salt.  As this evaporates it will
strengthen the top surface where we have dragged.  There will need to be a
final touch-up drag to smooth out the little salt "flowers" but that's the
best conditions we could have the course.   The problem is, the people doing
the set up could want cooler temperatures.  We will have those during the
meet from the way things look.  The forecast shows cooling into the low
eighties later next week.

Just a little slice of heaven!

See you on the salt.

Wes Potter  Secretary, USFRA