Time to stop lurking :-)

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Time to stop lurking :-)
From: Ken Bond <kmb2@humboldt.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 12:14:35 -0700
HI,  My name is Ken Bond... I have been reading for about a month now and
figure since I sent out a quick e-mail yesterday about scatter shields, I
better say hello.  (side note... consensus on the scatter shield question
is NO, it would not pass tech)

I'm a mid-50's university prof who comes from a Chev background.

A friend and myself are trying to set a record over 200 in D/GT.  We have
an 85 Corvette ALL apart and are just getting started on roll cages, etc.
We will be building a SB 302 engine to power the car as time passes and
parts can be found/bought.

Our current biggest ‘car' issues are Roll Cage and how to put a non-quick
change read-end under the back of the car in place of the independent rear
suspension.  Any ideas/suggestions are always welcome.  (Thanks to Ed for
some comments already in private e-mails)

Our current biggest ‘engine' issue is to ramp up the learning curve of "D"
Chev. engines in general.  (Thanks to Keith for a wonderful phone call
yesterday).  ANY comments/suggestions/ or engine building
experiences/advice one might like to sent along would also be most
appreciated.

Thanks for all the ‘welcomes.'  Looking forward to putting faces to the
names on the salt.

KEN

* Ken Bond,                                                 *
* Prof. of Bus. Admin.                                      *
* Humboldt State Univ.              ____________            *
* Arcata, CA 95521          _______| 58  85  99 |_________  *
*                          /     How much horsepower     /  *
*                         /      Can I have and still   /   *
* Wk.:707.826.4277       /_________ go to Heaven?______/    *
* Wk Fax:707.826.6666              |_61______61_|           *
* Hm.:707.826.7764           I Never Drive Faster than      *
* Hm Fax:707.826.0334        My Guardian Angel Can Fly      *
* Internet:                                                 *
* kmb2@humboldt.edu (office)                                *
* ragtops@humboldt1.com (home)                              *