Re: AOL 5.0 vs. 6.0 on the LSR List

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AOL 5.0 vs. 6.0 on the LSR List
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 13:35:32 EST
        Thank you, Doug, for your help on this .  I will try this tonight
when Mary Ann
is here ..... she is sharper than me on these electronic marvels .   To
revert to
racing topics again, I  have been to the Sears Point Nostalgia Drags a few
times
since ' 95, with Darrell, and either two or three years ago Darrell asked me
if I had seen the dragster with an Ardun in it ...... I hadn' t,
unfortunately, but got to see it and get several pics after it was already
loaded in the enclosed trailer .  I spoke
briefly with a young fellow ..... late 20s, early 30s ...... about the car,
etc.
         I recall it was a well built, great looking rail ....... might this
have been
your car and son ?  This was before I was on this list ( or even owned a
computer )
and I hadn' t heard of  racer Ardun Doug, who lives quite close to where
Darrell' s home is now in Contra Costa county .
                .......  just wondering,  Bruce
PS :  Good luck at the digs ( Sears Point ? ) with your Firepowered Flathead
!!!