"E" Engine & nitrous

To: "Jane McMeekin" <jmcmeekin@worldnet.att.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: "E" Engine & nitrous
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 14:14:42 -0500
Hmmm, nitrous, meat eater, interesting thought. Most of us are pretty
comfortable running carbs and gasoline. We have been doing it a long time
and its rather forgiving. I will admit, with nitrous, there is a steep
learning curve. Lord knows we have burned several set of pistons (burned a
set on plain gasoline also) as well as pushing at least one set of head
gaskets out the side. Tuning on the Dyno will help to get it right before
you take it to the track, but there is a lot to running nitrous beside
changing jets, as I found out a WOS this year. However when it is right it's
a bunch of power. Don't know what percentage of Nitro/Alcohol you would have
to use to equal N2O but I bet it would be way up there. And that's a whole
other learning curve to climb.

John Beckett