Re: Used parts forum

To: Nt788@aol.com, popms@thegrid.net, ghalvorson@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Used parts forum
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 18:34:48 EST
       Jack, just yesterday Jane McMeekin mentioned that they were looking for
an " oddball engine " that had " limited power potential, no aftermarket
parts,
and found only in some obscure Chinese province " for their Skyhawk .    It
sounds to me like your Continental flathead 225 " six meets  ALL  of their
requirements very well, even the one about being found in an obscure Chinese
province !!!    The 225 inches puts it right in the middle of " E ", and a
bore
would bring it a little closer to the upper limit, and that head and valve
arrangement
is quite helpful in restraining the power potential .   I don' t think the
speed
equipment boys were hellbent to get their goodies on the market for those
mills, many of which probably ended up on the other end of the anchor chain .
       A determined search of the many docks and wharves over there in that
big Asian nation WOULD probably turn up some more of those worn out
workhorses ...... some maybe resting peacefully on the bottom nearby ........
I' ll bet ya dollars to donuts !  ( or should I say a moon pie and an RC Cola,
which seems to be the standard bet payoff here on the list ...... )  Looks
like you got a made to order customer for that thumper of yours,  Jack  !
......  now if somebody just made a bunch of Continental heads with two plugs
per cylinder .......  hmmmm ...... where' s that old McGurk catalog  ......
and
that Nick Braje pamphlet that also has that Crosley stuff  ?   Gee, do you
suppose Howard made up a few wild cams for those babies  ?   ENDLESS
possibilities
here ...... don' t ya just love a CHALLENGE ???
                   Hope the sale is in the bag for you,  Jack !
         Bruce