Re: Keiths Two Remaining Hats and King$ Ran$som at Maxton

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Keiths Two Remaining Hats and King$ Ran$som at Maxton
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:14:27 EST
In a message dated 11/21/2000 10:06:07 AM Pacific Standard Time,
kturk@ala.net writes:

<<
 Well Tires aren't much of an issue... depends mostly on Wheel size but like
 many other folks I will offer you a set of Speed rated 15" tires for your
 trip back here.. they are 25.5 tall and have Good Tread and traction....

 I won't ever wear them out in my lifetime and I would be happy to let you
 use them for the Meet...if you sent me a set of rims I would even have them
 mounted when you got here.... and for the travel... Come on Doug what else
 do you have to do?  ( okay I am ducking at that comment )

 Entry fees are most respectable...and ... I am trying to put another
 Magazine deal together with Rod and Custom... and a Roadster back here..
 Sure would love to have you come.... lots of our folks won't ever have the
 opportunity to see your car if you don't... and it's a study in the art of
 race car construction...

 Keith
 - >>
Keith,
    Thanks for the kind offer. I'd like to do it in the next couple of years.
I would probably do the tow myself, combining it with a sightseeing trip, and
fly Bri in to do some of the driving.
    The tires might even work. I have 28.5" Goodyear Front Runners on the
rear now. Does anybody make a 28" tire that would handle the Maxton
concrete?,,,,,,,Doug