Re: El Mirage, SCTA, Bonneville, and the Black Ghost

To: "List Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: El Mirage, SCTA, Bonneville, and the Black Ghost
From: Henry Deaton <hdeaton@verio.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 19:01:57 -0800
At 06:02 PM 11/22/00, Keith Turk wrote:
>Henry that is a Great peice... neat to see the different stuff... I already
>learned not to call them slow.... what was the best 1/4 mile speed for a EV
>Drag bike so far?

The fastest EV drag bike is ran a 9.45 second quarter last August. It's
best speed to date was 153 mph. My best run so far was a 14.25 second run
at 92.5 mph. The fast guy is Bill Dube'. He's building a new bike that
should be running in the 8's next year, but you never know. I'm hoping to
run in the mid 9's with my new bike unless I give up drag racing completely
to go run in the dirt and salt. It's crossed my mind. But I was talking to
the guy with the world's fastest electric dragster this morning and he was
trying to get me to get serious about bracket racing. Says there's lots of
money in it, while there isn't any money at all doing the lsr stuff. Maybe
not a bad thing, IMHO.

I bought some steel today to start on my new frame. After talking to Turbo
Rick last weekend I'm thinking about putting a swingarm on my bike. I have
been running a rigid rear end, which is great for drag racing. I did see
alot of harley's with rigid rear ends at El Mirage, but it sure seems like
some rear suspension would be nice when the dirt starts getting a few ruts
in it. Rick said all of the really fast bikes had suspension. Makes
building the bike a little more complicated, but I'm probably already in
over my head so what's the difference :)

Henry