Re: Bearing wear

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>, "Dave Dahlgren" <dahlgren@uconect.net>
Subject: Re: Bearing wear
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 10:02:49 -0600
This piece of  bearing  material was just shiny like chrome.. it fit
perfectly in the lifted surface of the bearing.  it was like part of the Tri
Metal bearing seperated and this piece stuck on the bearing surface about
1/2" farther in it's rotation...

Not sure why a bearing would decide to flake like this... all the other
bearing's looked fine.... These are the TRW Ugly bearings or Clevitte 77U ..
I think that is what they are called... interesting... the crank on this
throw was perfect.... as it was on all others...  K