Politics & LSers

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Politics & LSers
From: brian falkner <falken@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 13:18:59 +1300
-----------
Keith wrote
<<Basically the same applies here....That is why the Politic's thing could be
so bad for this list... I know Many of us are chomping at the Bit to have
our say on this whole mess... but if we do... just remember the other 50%
that voted for the other guy.... or maybe 20 in our case....
Keith>>

8888888888888888888888888888

A Kiwi can be unbiased and contribute some common sense to your dilemma
if you'll allow.
It surely is amazing and unusual for so many millions of votes to
be so evenly divided..OF COURSE its going to be hotly contested and
litigated to the max!..it could happen in any true democracy.
Any foreigners that deride you should instead be envious of a
system thats working pretty much as it should.
The press is having a field day throughout the world...but many of us
can read between the lines.
----
I sure do enjoy this list & its occasional forays into foreign territory!.
The camaraderie is at times very moving and always funny, the bio's
incredibly interesting and inspiring..as a Lurker with nothing to race..
yet, I dont feel to include mine..yet, but I cant wait to get involved and
actually BE THERE..even to help...meet these LS scribes when the oportunity
arises...sooner than later I hope....BIG aim is to join fellow Kiwi, the
inspirational Chris Harris' team next year in Bonneville.
----
Whats this I hear about those French Flatheads being illegal for speed events?
anyone know for sure?. Yep I'm a dyed in the wool Ford / Flathead fan!.

Antipodean BDF