Re: Alternator

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alternator
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 10:09:13 -0500
Keith, List,

   If a fella really wanted to scratch out the last possible bit of
horsepower while running an alternator they could run a field cut-out that
killed the alternator field at WOT, when the nitrous was engaged, etc.  No
magnetic field= no HP draw.  The batteries oughto keep all but the most
power hungry ignition systems running through a pass.

   Of course, you could also just change the nitrous jet and not worry about
what the alternator draws.

Chuck