Re: Alternator

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Alternator
From: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 12:00:28 -0800
So called "12 Volt" automotive electrical equipment is designed to operate at
13.8 volts. Yes, it will operate OK on more or less than 13.8. But not best.

Warning: Opinion follows

As far as power loss, I believe most gas engines (I know nothing about fuel)
could recover a significant amount of power by getting the right size oil pump
and running 5-30 synthetic oil (requires excellent rods).

Bryan  (in occupied south San Jose)