Re: Big Magnet in Drain Plug -a sticky subject!

To: ardunbill@webtv.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Big Magnet in Drain Plug -a sticky subject!
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 23:19:09 -0000
Bill!   put a big  ( 4" x 1/4" thick???) donut shaped one ....on the bottom
(!)  of the pan.... -and,.... leave it there!

-thats right on the OUTSIDE! -oooooh, what a concept.

That way its not INSIDE to come loose and rattle off yer nice 'spensive rods
and such.....  whats ever'one else think ?  I've never done it myself,
though I've thought of it often. I see no reason why it won't collect and
trap any magnetic (ferrous) particles forever (well, at least till ya
tear'er down that is...)

Hope this sows some seeds of thought....

Dirty Doug in New Yawk  -Brrrrrr, its windy cold outside.