Another New Book out..

To: land-speed@autox.team.net, cbailey@sprise.com, av8ford@volcano.net,
Subject: Another New Book out..
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 18:28:57 -0000
Hi ever'body,

is it me ? or is there a plethora of new publishings of late ?    Awful good
ones too.  Classic Motorbooks catalog / flyer is chock full of juicy new
titles all the time. (hummmm , -good christmas present fodder.)

And now, here's another that promises to be a good one:
Remember Almquist ? -Speed parts thru th' mail.-circa 1950's and '60s ?
Well the same Ed Almquist is still "out there"  -and he's written a 378 page
book entitled  HOT ROD PIONEERS. It's available from the SAE  (of which he's
a member.) -or from him directly.  Here's how:

The SAE has a website;  www.sae.org/membership  -it's available there.  ( or
phone 1-800-TEAM-SAE )

       -or get one from Ed hisself;
Ed Almquist Motorsports, 115 Norman Hills Road, Milford, Pa. 18337

Ed states that all profits from the book go to a scholarship fund for
NHRA, SAE, or a High School Alumni fund..    Pretty good deal.     Price
from Ed is $39 + $6 shipping.-and he'll autograph it for you.

I have'nt had one in hand, but Lynn Paxton, who knows a little about
history, (-and goin' fast.) has.   Lynn sez it's good. That's good enough
for me.

Thought you all might like to hear about it.

-Dirty Doug ( freezin' in New Yawk )    12-13-00