Re: Rotarys

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rotarys
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 13:13:43 -0500
Dave, List,

   I've offered to provide pieces to be measured by ECTA officials, and have
explained repeatedly the futility, as Dave mentioned, of trying to alter the
factory dimensions. (making an expensive tear-down to measure one of my
engines unnecessary)  All seems to rest with the SCTA rules commitee, as the
ECTA rules mirror what is established by the senior organization.

   I'm not familiar enough with the P&G ("pumping") equipment, that is now
apparently available on both coasts, to understand how testing is conducted.
Can someone shed some light on this, and the potential use of such equipment
on a rotary?  Since we are comparing the breathing capability of engines
this certainly seems like a fair way to compare them.

   As a non-engineer I figure out most things by simply fumbling around and
experimenting with things til I get it right. (I call it "FUN")  If I have
to run down someone with "pumping" equipment and "pump" one of my nice tight
13B's I'd be happy to do that.

Chuck Rothfuss
ECTA