Re: Rotarys

To: Jim Dincau <jdincau@qnet.com>,
Subject: Re: Rotarys
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 12:15:25 -0500
On the contrary they are possible to measure. Mazda measured
them. It means that is is very hard to cheat and have a
larger than advertised size. and even if someone found a way
to add 50 cc's it is of no consequence anyway as they are
still way under the max size for the class.
Let me ask a simple question though to make sure we are not
wasting each others time.. Do you understand and possible
agree that the way to fairly class an engine size is by the
amount of air and fuel they can process during a fixed
number of crankshaft revolutions? Two revs being the most
common for a 4 stroke.
here are 3 examples of what I think is fair.
1. 350 chevy
350 cubic inches in 2 revs+ 350 cu inches class ='C'
2. 1300 cc rotary
2600 cc in 2 revs 2600 cc = class 'F'
3. 750 cc 2 stroke
1500 in 2 revs 1500 cc = class 'H'