Re: Verifying Displacement

To: "Jim Bickford" <jbickford@volcano.net>, "Tom Neimeyer"
Subject: Re: Verifying Displacement
From: "Mike Manghelli" <mmanghel@hughes.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 20:54:54 -0800
Folks,

I have never heard of a motor blowing a head gasket after being CCed with
ATF.  I used it on my diesel two years ago without any problems (then again
it burns oil...).  It is very accurate on small displacement engines, that
is why the motorcycle guys use it.

Yes, Bruce Johnson had some pretty neat tools that he brought with him every
year.  I am not sure what happened to them, BUT you can make tools that can
be used for measuring your motor.  Rick Yacoucci made a cool device to
measure his bore on the bike.  It is a center plug head so it makes
measuring easy. He said that he would sell them, you might ask.  We are all
for neat tools that make our (and your) job easier in impound.

The SCTA just purchased 2 new P&G pumps for the impound, we got a hell of a
deal at $1400 plus shipping, tax and etc.  Wait, I do not think we budgeted
that much money for these....  Oh, just another financial problem to work
out...

Mike  (who  thought ATF was better to deal with than diesel oil) Manghelli
SCTA President