Water tank question

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Water tank question
From: "George Mitchell" <americanpartnerinrussia@starpower.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 12:35:15 -0200
List ,
I have seen on many LSR cars that a water tank seems to be an effective and
commonly used method for additional ballast to cars ( correct me if Im wrong
here-- ballasl or coolong or both?)

Anyway, I guess my question is , dont you run the risk of weight shifting
around and upseting the car. I know that the various venues are flat and
there is less of a chance of side to side movement , but isnt this a risk--
even in the case of a bump. Am I thinking wrong ? It would seem to me that
what is essentially a movable ballast could get you in unwanted trouble.
Just wondering on a Sunday with no Redskins to watch -- thankfully.
 George in DC