Virus Alert (computer)

To: land-speed@autox.team.net, BOB_BERG@msdw.com
Subject: Virus Alert (computer)
From: RAWAWA@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 16:48:57 EST
I am sending this to every address in my address book as that is it's method
of spread.  It hit my computer yesterday afternoon by taking the name of a
fellow e-   mail correspondee ,thereby getting my initial confidence that it
was safe. It proffessed to be a down-loadable file with a message about "
pics i finally scanned". The file name was "mi35.zip "and the subj was "hey
you".So i downloaded and got dropped by the server (aol),couldn't get back
on,and couldn't shut down. Long story short,got a anti-virus program
,Norton,spent awhile this afternoon and found a  evil thingie
called"PWSteal.Trojan "virus. IF you see any of the
above,DELETE!..........This software said there are currently over 47,000
different virus(virii?) "out there",so it ain't getting easier.   Good Luck
  Bob Wanner