Re: Specialized engine building equip

To: Jim Dincau <jdincau@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: Specialized engine building equip
From: chad labno <clab@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 12:26:14 -0800
Before I tell my story let me introduce myself. I'm Chad
and ran at Maxton the first time at the last meet of the year.
I was running a '93 Corvette in c/gss and will be back!

The story:
I was between wives at the time so it doesn't quite fit in with
the topic but here it is. When I got out of the army in the early 70's
I lived in a mobile home. I was building a 1966 Ford Fairlane
drag car (A/MP), which I still have. I ported the heads in the
kitchen and assembled the engine in the living room right by the front
door. I got some strange looks from visitors when I'd open the door
and they would find themselves staring at an engine. Now I'm more
cultured, and once again between wives, I do my engine building
in a bedroom (a "C" for my '80 Z-28 /GALT), store parts in the family
room (except the roll cage, it's in the hall) with the garage reserved
for the current project car, the Fairlane, which I hope
to finish soon so I can get the Camero ready for Maxton.
Chad