Re: A couple of tire questions

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: A couple of tire questions
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@uswest.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 12:29:28 -0700
Keith,
Using 27" tires with no suspension changes would put the ride height too high.
I originally tried to run 25" tires with no suspension changes and it left too
much "open area" in the wheel wells around the tire. So,  I lowered my front
end by about 6" by trashing the transverse composite leaf spring (which Jon
Meyer set on fire with a torch, but that's another story ;-)  )and replacing
with adjustable coil-overs. Right now the spoiler is 1/2" off the salt, so,
when I hit dips & bumps, the spoiler digs in & kicks a bit of salt into the
lower 8" or so of the radiator. No problem, just hose it out with a lawn
sprayer. If you have seen me tow back to the pits (or impound - couldn't help
it Keith) you may have noticed the front of the Vette is white. I don't think I
can go lower without limiting the travel, but I like the suspension.
Ed