Ballast & Handling

To: <Flowbench@aol.com>, <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>,
Subject: Ballast & Handling
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:01:50 -0500
In the case of #265 the max static load would be 1378 on one rear tire. Most
of the Goodyear land speed tires are rated at 1700 lbs. at 70 PSI. Now how
the car loads at speed is another question.

#79, a 3300 lb car, used to be scaled at 55% rear 45% front. It came around
on me one time, at 220 MPH, so fast I couldn't react. We change the balance
to 49% rear and 51% front and it has handled beautifuly ever since.

John Beckett