Re: new list member

To: Jeremy & MeShawn Fowler <fowlers6@home.com>,
Subject: Re: new list member
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 06:40:40 -0800 (PST)
MeShawn Fowler <fowlers6@home.com> wrote:

"Being the only child of a man who really should
have had 5 sons, ................."

It might be true that a lot of men secretly wish
thier first-born to be a boy, but not many want
them all to be boys.  As the father of three boys
and then a girl, I'll be the first to say that
the girl is a treasure, a challenge, and a jewel.
 Even though I nurtured the boys through
turbo-charged Renaults, Ford V-8-powered Volvos
and Hurst Oldsmobiles, my girl can't wait for her
next birthday so she can take dad's Camaro for a
spin at Maxton.

I guess, in our society, it's kinda expected that
boys should follow their father's footseps on the
football field, baseball diamond and race track,
but when a daughter does it, a father's pride is
usually accompanied with a tear in the corner of
one eye.

Be proud that you're not one of five boys.
Welcome aboard.

=====
*         Dick J          *
*    (In East Texas)      *