Re: 1991-2000

To: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Subject: Re: 1991-2000
From: Cris Shearer <cshearer@tacisp.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 10:04:45 -0700
I would like to mention the fastest 1/4 mile time for a wheel driven vehicle;
346.779 mph, by Don Vesco "Team Dempsey-Vesco Turbinator"  1999 World Finals,
Bonneville Salt Flats.
 Second fastest 1/4 mile time Tom Burkland at 341.154 mph,  2000 World of
Speed.  I know overall the 2-way average is what counts, but these fast
speeds at the 1/4 mile gives us a good look at what the 2001 race year will
bring.  Interesting coming up with the fastest 1 mile, 2 mile, 3 mile and
Exit speed times.  More food for thought.  Cris, Salt Lake