Re: Breathers

To: Jim Dincau <jdincau@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: Breathers
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:44:25 -0500
Not even close....4 is a lot closer...4 large stages that
is...they come in different widths depending on what pump
you use. Might want to call whoever made it for sizing
advice but I bet they opt for 4 large scavenge stages..
Might want to put some filler in the block too if this
'expansion' is not caused by an 'explosion'.. burned piston
or disappearing rings. i would put 3 in the pan and 1 in the
valley then vent the tank with a -20 to the tank.. If you
really think about the pressure you are playing with a -12
is a bit on the small side. I would run -16 scavenge if need
be too..
Dave Dahlgren