Breathers

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Breathers
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 10:17:00 -0800
Hi all, another poll,
     On the modified (blown/fuel), because of past experience with torching
pistons, we run two number 12 lines direct to atmosphere from the valve
covers. I know this isn't the most environmentally friendly thing to do but
we have ballooned oil pans and catch tanks before and they are expensive to
replace.
      On unblown gas dry sump engine, will a two scavenge stage pump pull
enough vacuum to allow venting the tank only? If additional vents are
required is the rocker can or the tappet chamber a better place to vent?
Jim in Palmdale where it has actually rained an inch this month