RE: Welding 101

To: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>, <FastmetalBDF@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: Welding 101
From: "George Mitchell" <americanpartnerinrussia@starpower.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 18:58:19 -0200
I have some nascar friends and they all seem to use a mig procss to weld but
they are welding mild steel. I dont think those guys are using any
chome-moly.
 I have a torch in my shop and two other welders - a Miller syncrowave 250
which is for tig but can do stick too-- although I never use it for that .
It has square wave technology and welds aluminum and cm really well on ac
and dc respectivley. My other welder is an older welder from Linde that is a
needle arc welder . Different looking weld pool, great penetration, internal
radiator for the torch and  goes all the way down to 5 amps dc
consistently.750 pounds though. Bought from a NASA auction-- cool stuff but
I am always using my miller and poking hole in my mask with the hot filler
rod. It has really taken a beating over the years.
By the way I always heat treat my chrome moly stuff after. Some do , some
dont . I do.

George in DC on my way to Seattle on business in the morning