Re: Valve Clearances

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Valve Clearances
From: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 12:14:20 -0600
Howdy, well, I'm running a piston/cam/valve at .060 piston clearance, and
with only 4 degrees that I can play with (2 degrees off of 0 ) without
running into expensive noise, and I already busted this engine 3 times and
pistons/rods/valves are expensive when added to the travel expenses and to
say nothing of the general collapse of morale when this happens... so I
check this stuff.

At 11:54 AM 1/19/01, you wrote:
>clay the pistons for a .006 valve lash change.. geez i
>thought I worked on stuff that was at the edge...
>Dave Dahlgren
>
>john robinson wrote:
> >
> > Howdy,
> >          I'm following my cam guys recommendations (CamCraft   one of
> > my  sponsors!) , stock clearance for the Dodge Colt 1.6 liter engine was
> > .010, .012,and the cam guy says .004 and .006 in,ex. although he did say to
> > clay the piston/valve clearance before running the engine with this
> clearance.

              John Robinson, Mechanician
   Mechanical Engineering University of Wisconsin
                 1513 University Ave.
                  Madison, Wi. 53706
                     608-262-3606
                   FAX 608-265-2316