Re: Valve Clearances

To: "Jonathan Amo" <webmaster@landracing.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Valve Clearances
From: Higginbotham Land Speed Racing <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 14:38:49 -0600
Hi Jon,
I follow the cam manufacturer's recommendations.........always. Now, having
said that, if I want to make the engine think it has a cam in it with a
little more duration then I close the clearance down a little (.005"). But
not too much!!!!!!!
By the same token, opening the clearance up a little will shorten the
duration. And move the power band to a lower RPM. All this makes SMALL changes.
Skip