WHO invented, BUILT the VERY FIRST MOTORCYCLE ???

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: WHO invented, BUILT the VERY FIRST MOTORCYCLE ???
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 18:15:04 EST
      List, and in particular ALL of you motorcycle lovers / owners / riders
/
record holders / builders / modifiers, and fans : My question for you is this
:
      WHO was the first person to actually build a MOTORCYCLE .......
What COUNTRY was this person from ...... and what was the YEAR,
approximately ???  I will post the answer to this question, according to
my sources, on Superbowl Sunday evening, and I think there will be
some controversy over the answer on this, as we must bear in mind
that the history of ( street driven ) motor vehicles has included at
least FOUR different types of POWER for motivation .  JET engine and
ROCKET  power are NOT among those four ..... let' s consider them as
usually reserved for drag racing and land speed racing record
attempts ....... much to the general well being of following motorists
in bumper to bumper traffic, and pedestrians in towns and cities !
    SO, Gentlemen, and Ladies, put on your thinking caps in lieu of your
fancy helmets, hit your kick starters or hand switches, and come up with
your take on ......
                     WHO  WAS  THE  VERY  FIRST  BIKER  ???

               Bruce
the Northern Hemisphere BDF at 41* N - 72* W