Re: WHO invented, BUILT the VERY FIRST MOTORCYCLE ???

To: <FastmetalBDF@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: WHO invented, BUILT the VERY FIRST MOTORCYCLE ???
From: "Tom Neimeyer" <3cbxs@ev1.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 19:50:22 -0600
Gottlieb Daimler built it
Paul Daimler rode it
Einspur was it's name
Stuttgart, Germany November 10, 1885
Gottlieb was an assistant to Dr. Otto, inventer of the four stroke engine.

Although there were attempts to power "bikes" with steam in France in 1869.
Most were outright failures,
Best working was Michaux-Perreaux

World's first production motorcycle, 1894
Hildebrand Brothers, Germany
Hildebrand & Wolfmuller (brand name)

Steam, Turbine, Electric, Rotary, Pedal...

Regards, Tom