ok, here goes.

To: land-speed@autox.team.net, "'Keith Turk'" <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: ok, here goes.
From: Ben Delozier <bend@aaronsap.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 09:30:56 -0600
> Now About you ahhh Casual observers out there.... HEY JUMP IN... we don't
> care what the question is.... if you bring it up we can discuss it...
> beat
> it up.... and Dave can come up with a New Set of Viable rules for it....(
> someone has to poke at Dave )  We don't care about how you say it... or
> how
> you spell it.... the character of the queston is much more important...
> Please take the time to introduce yourself and join the party....  Oh by
> the
> way when you show up at Speedweek we will all know you and have shared in
> the building of your car.

OK,  Ya'll asked for it.

My name is Ben Delozier , I'm a 30  yr. old graphic designer living in
southwest Missouri.
I've been messing with hot rods since the age of 15, learned by doing and
fixing what broke. I'm a decent mechanic, but engines always boggle me.  Its
a whole artist & number thing, mixes like water & oil.  I do have a couple
street rods and do all of my own work, so I'm not totally ignorant, just
mostly.

My plan is to get a car set up so I can go out and run the salt whenever it
is a financially viable, for the fun of it.  What I'm searching for is the
most bang for the buck, not really chasing a record, just want to experience
land speed racing on my own terms with what I've got.

Looking at  E/Prod,  I've acquired a '63 Falcon station wagon with a couple
of engine/tranny options.  The car is getting set up as a street cruiser,
but while I'm at it,  I would like to plan ahead and set it up for a bolt in
roll structure, seat, etc.

It has an 8.8 rearend in it (which I believe is a 2.49 ratio ) , with
granada discs on the front.
The car has a 170/3spd stick. but am switching to either a 250 inline or 260
v-8.  Trans options are either a C-4 or 3spd manual w/overdrive ( have both
laying around).

Given the restrictions of a shoestring budget and limited knowledge, I'm
looking for a recipe to make this thing go.  Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
BenD

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]