Re: World Records - open minds.

To: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: World Records - open minds.
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 14:49:20 -0500
 I only have one thought on trap length. I am in favor of
several traps located along the course. The reason for this
is, if we have a record for the kilo and one for the mile,
then why not one for 132 feet? It allows more places to be
used that do not have as long a distance to run up to speed.
Also multiple mile or kilo traps going down the course help
a great deal to tune the car. there have also been
situations where you might have a run that the trap speeds
progressed well in one direction but on a return run had a
problem with what you considered the target trap and the
previuos trap was a higher speed. As long as the record is
set on the same piece of real estate I do not see where it
matters how long the run up was in both directons.
ex.
down run
trap 1  300
trap 2 350
trap 3 355

return run
trap 3 325 ( turned the boost up)
trap 2 300 ( its going away)
trap 1 200 ( blew it up)

so the averages are
trap 1 250
trap 2 325
trap 3 340

so the record would be 340 in trap 3 same real estate in
both directions
If you only had the 1 central trap (trap 2) the record would
be 325.

With this type of course it would be advatagous i would
think to have a central 132 foot trap so the smaller tracks
could have a record for the shorter distance. basically have
3 different length records for each class  mile, kilo,132
ft..

My 2 cents anyway ..

Dave Dahlgren