NASCAR ? NHRA ? NOT INTERESTED NOWADAYS .

To: boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: NASCAR ? NHRA ? NOT INTERESTED NOWADAYS .
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 17:18:41 EST
  DOUGER :  I  DO  NOT  GO  TO  SEE   ANY  NASCAR  TAXI  CAB  RACES .
 I   CAN  NOT   VOICE  MY  OPINION  OF  GROSSLY  COMMERCIALIZED
NASCAR  COOKIE  CUTTER  CAR  RACING  ON  THIS  LIST  !!!
      I  AM  ALSO  TOTALLY  TURNED  OFF  BY  THE  NHRA   MODERN  DAY
TOURING  ROAD  SHOW   AND  ITS '  EQUALLY  COPYCAT  RACECARS .
      The last oval track race I attended was the World of Outlaws winged
sprints at Lebanon Valley ...... FANTASTIC  RACING  !!!  I spent almost
the entire evening checking out and studying every detail of the cars, but
did go up in the stands to watch the feature !
     As far as drag racing, I  ONLY  ATTEND  NOSTALGIA  events ..... on
BOTH  COASTS ...... this form of racing still rings my bell ...... front
engine diggers, fuel altereds, Willys coupes, Fiats, roadsters .......
all spelled  VARIETY ...... and always a nostalgia trip for me !
      NASCAR  and  NHRA  once were great for their respective venues
and the RACERS who were the very backbone of each ......
now they are multimillion dollar corporations that dictate to the racers
and are only concerned with matters that will increase their revenue ......
run by many executive types that never had a wrench in their hands
or enjoyed taking a motor apart and putting it back together .....
    NOT  RACERS .   NOT  HOT  RODDERS  .  NOT  GEARHEADS .
They give the spectators what they want . Count this old stuck - in - the -
past greybeard  OUT on wanting to be a spectator at this
MODERN  DAY  version of motorsports .
    THANK  HEAVEN   FOR   LAND  SPEED  RACING  /  NOSTALGIA
DRAG  RACING  and organizations like SCTA  /  BNI /  ECTA , and
the groups that sanction dragging pretty close to the way it was  !!!
        Just my personal opinion from fifty three years in and around
oval track and drag racing ..... and a lot of modified street machinery
as well .   Some things just change  TOO  much .
       You know we' ll never run into each other anywhere but at a nostalgia
event, or on the salt / at the lakes / or that concrete strip in Carolina .
       Your buddy that hopes we can discuss this further at our
drag reunion and slide show .....in three weeks ......
              Bruce
       Hope you' ll be joining us ...... YOU  remember
                      the way it was !
PS :     NO  FLAME  to  ANYBODY in this email .....
just disappointed in what has happened to " big time " racing .