Re: International Records

To: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: International Records
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 15:04:18 -0600
Absolutely....  Most of you know I am totally in debt to Donald Healey for
getting me personally involved in this Hobby.... even thou the man has
passed on.... it was His accomplishment in 1956 that I respected and
started wondering.... little curiosity has gone a long way for me...

Howard and Tom have my Deepest respect.... but so to does Tim Schoeny...
and Tom Burkland.... I think those guys did something that was never done
before and they aren't recognized by any organization....

Think about this for a sec..... if we in fact did the Exit speed at
Bonneville... wouldn't we have the FASTEST Car in each Class?... Would we
set a New Mark to shoot for.... we all know the Two Club at Bonneville
isn't going to recognize these records.... that is Super... have NO problem
with that at all....

and Please don't misinterpret the other part of this which is an Undying
gratitude for the Volunteers of the SCTA... and the respect for that
organization.... ( coping their rules is the sincerest form of Flattery)

This is really about waking a bunch of folks up too.... hey were talking
about something we all have a Passion for.... PERFECT....

Keith ( think of this like Baseball Records... can you ever have to many?)
( yeah I heard you Jack!!! ... knew he would jump on that one..)

----------
> From: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
> To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>; Nafzger <nafzger@vtc.net>; JonathanAmo
<webmaster@landracing.com>
> Cc: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>; land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: International Records
> Date: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 8:33 AM
>
> I have to agree with Keith. This proposal will not take anything away from
> anybody or diminish current records or change rules, procedures etc. This is
> simply a way of organizing ourselves into one INTERNATIONAL group.
>
> The FIA is OK, I guess, but 98% of us don't run under FIA sanction, and
> actually most can't run because the FIA doesn't have a class for us.
>
> John Beckett

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]