Re: The Doctor is IN!

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Doctor is IN!
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 08:55:06 -0800
Some have asked about the name of the town where I now live. Pahrump. Well,
according to exhaustive research I have done (30 seconds looking at the
towns brochure), it come from Indian words  "Pah" and "Rimpi". The word Pah
means water and Rimpi means rock. Loosely translater it means water from the
rocks or where the big waters flow. Us second Americans bastardized the
spelling and pronunciation to come up with Pahrump.   Now the real question
is what is a Pismo and what does that Indian word mean? While there are
Pismo clams, and Pismo beach, nobody has ever figured out what it means..

mayf