Re: LSR racer NEWS

To: lanspeed@west.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LSR racer NEWS
From: Want1937hd@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 14:22:57 EST
In a message dated 2/6/01 12:48:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,

<<  racer NEWS
 Date:  2/6/01 12:48:55 PM Eastern Standard Time
 From:  lanspeed@west.net ("LandSpeed" Louise Ann Noeth)
 Sender:    owner-land-speed@autox.team.net
 To:    land-speed@autox.team.net (Landspeed)

 ATTA GIRL NOTICE!

 On Sunday, Feb 7, land speed racer and record holder Tanis Hammond, aka
 "Whirlygirl" earned her rotorcraft license and joined her husband, Seth, as a
 member of the stick and collective crowd.

 Wearing her signature, "Want to see my chopper?"  red, yellow and blue socks,
 she was signed off by the FAA after her check ride out of Van Nuys airport.
 Further reports indicate that during the drive home her Audit had lost
contact
 with the roadway and was seen floating along the freeway with a golden glow
 emanating from the driver's compartment.

 Three cheers for the "Shift Queen" -- so named by her land speed racing team
 because she can outshift every one who has ever driven the #77 lakester --
 which, by the way, is getting all spruced up -- turbocharger included-- for
 the 2001 season. The Seth Hammond team hopes to nail a record in excess of
300
 mph this season.

 I wish them well!

 Speedy Regar >>
Is this the same Seth Hammond that won the Shell Hill climb with a Twin Cam
Fronty? Aviation runs in the family doesn't it? I'll always remember the
Lindbergh story you told when you stopped by back in the '70's Bob in
Connecticut