Re: multi-engine cars

To: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Subject: Re: multi-engine cars
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 14:04:10 -0800
It has already been said that electronic traction devices are not
allowed, but, trust me, if electronic traction control was used it
reacts in milliseconds, the driver has nothing to do.

I was referring to throttle controls actuated by wheel sensors. I don't
have a design, just said the technology is there, it could be done!

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC

Scott Cowle wrote:

>  the only problem that might be experience with an electronic traction
> control system to guide a multi-engined car is if one wheel experienced a
> loss of traction at high speeds you might end up with the car pulling hard
> to one side unexpectedly as the driver might not immediately notice single
> wheel spin.

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]