Re: more liner layout

To: <Nt788@aol.com>, <paul.blandavon@btinternet.com>,
Subject: Re: more liner layout
From: "Nafzger" <nafzger@vtc.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:11:22 -0700
Paul,
 I'm sure there are many opinions on this as we have already seen but both
of my liners have been built rigid on both ends with no suspension. We set
nine records with the first one and still don't know about the new one.
 I have worked around circle track and other racing stuff most of my adult
life and cannot comprehend a suspension that would be stiff enough to be
stable at high speeds and responsive enough to recognize a dip in the salt
12" across when you are traveling 440 ft./sec. (300 MPH). My personal
OPINION is, it only helps right off the line when you are clawing for
traction and it adds a lot of complexity to the car. Especially a rear
motored car. You pays your money and to takes your choice.
Howard
448/FS