Re: more liner layout

To: glen barrett <speedtimer@charter.net>
Subject: Re: more liner layout
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:46:54 -0500
Am I correct in understanding that A-arms in unsprung cars
are illegal and they ARE LEGAL if sprung?? As far as
fabricated goes every race car i ever worked on with a-arms
have fabricated a-arms. they are not stamped steel stock
looking things. Am I correct in believing that a fabricated
a-arm as typical on all race cars are legal if the car is
sprung and not legal if the car is not sprung??
Dave

Dan Warner wrote this...

If you read the rulebook. page 33, Sect III-20, the a-arm
referred to is
unsprung. Obviously, a sprung front suspension with the
proper materials and
geometry will be superior. The unsprung frontend as found on
Top Fuel and
Fed Mog cars has proven to be lacking in LSR.

Dan W