story time

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: story time
From: "paulblandavon" <paul.blandavon@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 17:29:23 -0000
right I'm back from big block pulling now and a little tale occoured to me
while lifting out the mighty mopar, going back a couple of years we were at
the strip ,we'd been sat in the staging lanes for quite some time due to the
inevitable oil down,by now the engine had gone cold, so when given the signal
to fire up, the engine coughs back through the carb giving a fair immitation
of a flame thrower, a fire marshal runs over and puts out the small fire in
the air scoop, then the staging marshal gives me the signal to fire up again,
as I hit the starter button my trusty crew person decides to check inside the
scoop, 511 cubes of mopar's finest gave an even better impression of a flame
thrower burning off his eyebrow and half the hair down one side of his head
the fire marshal puts out the fire(in the scoop) looks at trusty crew person
and says "you f..king idiot" and then walks off, the staging marshall was sat
on the floor with tears of laughter running down her face, said crew person
has never put his head any where near that scoop since, what I whouldn't give
for a video of that!
Paul Bland.