Re: Story time

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Story time
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 06:32:57 -0800 (PST)
Here's one about cars.  In 1969 I'm in the Army
stationed in Berlin.  I've got this old Fairlane
with a 427 and decide I want to dress it up some.
 I mail order a 2X4 intake and a set of Shelby
valve covers from JC Whitney or somebody.

Months go by and no parts yet.  I get my orders
to Vietnam.  On all my paperwork I put my folks
address in Florida as my forwarding address.  Six
months into my Vietnam tour, this torn up, beat
up box arrives.  You guessed it, my Shelby valve
covers and intake. How in the heck they ever got
forwarded to Vietnam I'll never know.  Needless
to say, I don't have anything to put them on in
the Central Highlands, so I get some big nails
and mount them on the wall in my hootch over my
bunk.  Aint nobody in the 'Nam had better
interior decorating than I did (Oh, I had all the
requisite playboy centerfolds too.)

=====
Dick J
In East Texas