Re: NASCAR Numbers

To: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: NASCAR Numbers
From: "glen barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 10:40:36 -0800
It seems as the sprint car people have many duplicate numbers and follow
with a letter, A, XX or something like that. SCTA does not allow duplicate
numbers. We have lots of numbers availble but most are in the higher range.
A few lower numbers become availble each season
All motorcycle numbers are followed with a "B" to simplify the book keeping
The number is for the computer to seperate them. The "B" is not painted on
the vehicle with the number. The starter tells timing it's a bike or car.
Glen