RE: Helmets

To: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>,
Subject: RE: Helmets
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 06:44:04 -0800 (PST)
--- "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
wrote:
> Dick,
>
> That's really interesting!  I've ridden and
> raced motorcycles a long time
> and own a couple of Arai helmets now.  I've
> never, ever, heard of the a
> molded in message about damage.  It was
> actually visible on the surface of
> the helmet?

Yup, it looked like little strips of tape with
purple lettering.  I'm not positive it was my
Arai. I had a whole pile of helmets that I used
(owned a bike shop).  I can remember the helmet
itself, it's coloring and pattern and everything,
but for some reason (my age??) I cannot remember
the name.  It might have been a Kiwi - - they
were one of my racing sponsors and sent me a new
helmet for practically every race.

=====
Dick J
In East Texas