RE: Helmets

To: George Mitchell <americanpartnerinrussia@starpower.net>,
Subject: RE: Helmets
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 07:39:35 -0800 (PST)
--- George Mitchell
<americanpartnerinrussia@starpower.net> wrote:
Even though
> visibility is reduced,

I used to fret about reduced visibility.  Unless
you're road racing or roundy-rounding, what do
you need all that vision for anyway???  I now
recall "tunnel vision" as one of the great
memories in land speed racing.  The rumble of the
car, the tunnel vision of the track ahead with
nothing in sight except the top of my steering
wheel and the monster tach, and somewhere way,
way out there, a timer.  Funny, tunnel vision,
something that used to bug me is now one of the
best parts of the memories! It takes me out of
the world or "normals" and puts me alone in the
world of racing!
I love it - - life is good ! ! !

=====
Dick J