Progress report

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Progress report
From: "Nafzger" <nafzger@vtc.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 21:34:47 -0700
List,
 I seem to be good at starting riots so let me give you all something to
read at least.
 Going to have a new and hopefully competitive motor in the streamliner this
year after a year of debug and my son's licensing runs. Supposed to have the
motor off the dyno several weeks ago but you have heard that before. Made a
200 mile round trip today to take the race car headers in so we could get
the proper length spark wires correctly routed. Not much room for them in
this car.
While I was there the engine builder decided I should put the engine in the
car, build the airbox to the new scoop, mount the supplemental fuel tank,
nitrous bottle, fuel pump, regulator, Hobbs switch, etc. and then take it
all back out and take it to him so he can run the complete package on the
dyno including the race car headers. Probably not a bad idea. Minimizes
surprises.
 I guess I knew this would be labor intensive when I started. Six years this
June and don't dare tell my wife how much money.
 Last Saturday we started the annual thrash at the NASCAR track where I work
and I was hoping to have more done on the car before that started but what
good is the last minute if you don't use it for something?
 Now that you are bored to tears, you at least have something to read.

Howard Nafzger
448/CFS